Really enjoyed attending fastpitch! last night at the UNF Student Union, representing the Admissions crew from Hicks Hall. After talking with Paige Calvert, organizer and CoWork Jax Managing Director, I found out it was the first time fastpitch! was hosted somewhere other than its usual spot, downtown, in the Perdue building.
Although the event wasn’t completely packed, many came out, proving entrepreneurship is definitely embraced and alive at UNF. By the way, kudos to all the folks up on stage – it takes a lot of guts to stand up there and place your entrepreneurial heart on the chopping block.
Here a quick recap of who was presenting on what:
- Thomas Kerney/EalryHedge - Really well-spoken kid presenting an alternate approach to asset management.
- Logan Sloan/Capital Book Sellers - Motivated young man with a book buy back service.
- James Grondzik/AmWisp Global - An autonomous mobile wireless internet service provider.
- Luis Cameja/Mas Life - By far my favorite presentation even though I am still not 100% clear – great branding and energy – these guys want to change the world by spreading motivation and positivity through hosting events and other activities – I think. I totally feel them though.
- Mark McCombs/FIRST - Completely authentic individual who wants to promote learning by getting kids involved in competitive robotics. Just awesome!
- Adam McQuiston/Finn Ryan - A custom luxury shirt maker. Seems to be headed in the right direction with his business.
The cool thing is all these folks are in some way connected to UNF – student, alumni or an otherwise team member. Very impressive group indeed. Keep it up and, next time, please provide hashtags and Twitter handles so we can find you more easily!